上海快3高手计划UMA transforms the lives of students of every age and background across the State of Maine and beyond through access to high-quality distance and on-site education, excellence in student support, civic engagement, and professional and liberal arts programs.
上海快3高手计划In addition to our main campus in Augusta, we also serve students at our campus in Bangor and at nine UMA Centers and receiving sites in virtually every corner of the state.
- East Millinocket
- South Paris
- Community Course Sites
Our academic programs
UMA has distinguished itself by offering top-quality, career-focused degree programs designed for today’s workplace.
上海快3高手计划UMA offers 20 different baccalaureate programs that include numerous opportunities for specialized concentration within a major. We also offer select associate degrees in 11 different programs, as well as 42 minors, 44 certificate programs and 7 post-baccalaureate programs.View all our degree programs
Augustus the Moose.
Our student population
With our multiple campuses and locations and our array of professional programs, the University of Maine at Augusta attracts a unique mix of recent high school graduates and adults returning to the classroom. All are enriched by the interaction between young and older students.
UMA is especially noted for its experience and success working with adult students, many who enter college after many years away from a classroom. UMA faculty and staff understand the special challenges of these adult students, who often need to juggle family and work responsibilities while attending college.
上海快3高手计划The majority of our graduates leave UMA with a baccalaureate degree in a professional field of study that meets a specific state or regional economic need. Moreover, UMA graduates overwhelmingly stay in Maine, where many go on to become leaders in their profession and their community.Student Consumer Information
Statement of Purposes
These stated purposes provide a collegial and respectful environment in which faculty, staff and students share these ideals and benefit from these common purposes:
- Provides a broad range of undergraduate educational opportunities distinguished by excellence and accessibility;
- Offers Baccalaureate and select Associate Degrees designed for career advancement, personal and professional growth, and preparation for graduate studies;
- Provides programs and seminars for career advancement, professional and personal development;
- Collaborates with other campuses of the University of Maine System and other constituencies such as private colleges, community colleges, libraries, businesses, industry, government and communication organizations to attain mutual support of institutional and educational goals;
- Encourages faculty, staff and students to participate in public service that contributes to the growth and development of UMA’s communities and constituents;
- Prepares students for current and future challenges and exposes them to knowledge, critical thinking skills, cultural enrichment, ethical, pluralistic and aesthetic awareness;
- Provides support services, designed for non-traditional, traditional and place-bound students, to foster intellectual and personal growth, academic success, community participation and a commitment to lifelong learning;
- Provides faculty and staff with professional development activities that include scholarly research, scientific inquiry, literary and artistic expression consistent with their academic area of expertise;
- Provides an ongoing process of planning and assessment that focuses on institutional growth and development, and;
- Evaluates the emerging educational, economic and social needs of Central Maine citizens and offers new specialized programs to serve those needs.